//CONNECT WITH ME
e-mail: [email protected]
tools I used in this video:
air fryer: http://amzn.to/2hDhMbI
my favorite baking pans: http://amzn.to/2hEAQX5
nonstick baking mat: http://amzn.to/2B8F5mn
-1 package tempeh (or sub tofu, seitan, etc.)
-1/2 cup flour of choice
-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
-1/2 teaspoon onion powder
-1/2 teaspoon paprika or chili powder
-pinch of salt and pepper
-1/2 cup plain unsweetened plant milk, or water
-1/2 cup breadcrumbs
-1/3 cup buffalo sauce
-1 tbsp melted vegan butter (optional)
1. Cut tempeh into strips or cubes.
2. Steam tempeh for 15 minutes. This step is optional; I think it improves the texture and flavor and prevents it from drying out in later steps.
3. Combine flour and spices. Add in liquid gradually until a medium-consistency batter is achieved; it should be thick enough to stick to the tempeh and not drip off. You may need more or less liquid depending on the kind of flour you use.
4. Dip tempeh into the batter and then coat generously with breadcrumbs.
5. Arrange tempeh in one layer in your air fryer basket or on a lined baking tray. Air-fry for 15 minutes at 400°F or bake for 30 minutes in a preheated 400°F oven. (If subbing in tofu, you may need to add an additional 5-10 minutes as tofu has more moisture.)
6. Combine buffalo sauce and optional vegan butter. Dip breaded tempeh into this mixture and return to air fryer for 5 additional minutes, or to oven for 10 additional minutes of cooking.
Recipe on my blog: http://www.sarahsvegankitchen.com/recipes/buffalo-tempeh-wings