In this video Jon shows us how to make a delicious vegan bacon out of tempeh. Then he makes a tempeh lettuce tomato sandwich TLT.
Get our E-Book here http://full.sc/1aixyfO
Help Keep Our Channel Undead http://bit.ly/SupportTVZ
Vegan Zombie Merch: http://bit.ly/1j4YZnZ
Subscribe to The Vegan Zombie
Tweets by TheVeganZombie
The Vegan Zombie WEBSITE
Vegan BLT (TLT)
Tempeh Lettuce Tomato
makes 3 to 4 / time 25 min
8 oz tempeh
3 cups veggie broth
1 Tbs liquid smoke
2 Tbs molasses
3 Tbs soy sauce or liquid aminos
3 bay leaves
1/2 tsp sage
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
3 cloves crushed garlic
pinch of sea salt
1. Slice tempeh into thin strips.
2. Add veggie broth, liquid smoke, molasses, soy sauce, bay leaves, sage, chili powder, onion powder, garlic and tempeh to medium size saucepan. Cover and simmer for 20 min.
3. Take desired amount of tempeh bacon from liquid and set aside. Place the remaining tempeh in a container with the marinade and store in refrigerator.
4. Place desired amount of tempeh in frying pan with 1 Tbs olive oil and fry on medium heat until crispy, 3-4 min.
5. Toast bread and add your favorite vegan mayonnaise i.e. Vegenaise to both slices. Add pinch of sea salt, lettuce, two slices of tomato, avocado and 3-4 slices of tempeh bacon. Top with other slice of bread and slice sandwich in half.